Saturday, February 13, 2010

haircuts and lice removal






When you live with 170 other kids in a tight space, you share everything...pencils, books,clothes, and lice. I was always terrified of lice when I was in younger and immature. The school nurse would check each year and I couldn't think of anything worse than having critters on my head. Now that I've grown up, I have realized that lice isn't so bad. There are a lot of worse things to be had. The kids at Peery Matriculation School pretty much all have it, so this week has been filled with haircuts and lots of shampooing. The girls had a blast lathering up and running around naked. What a life. At any given time, Charity, Sara, and I are covered by at least ten children hanging from our arms, legs, and neck. There's no way we are getting out of this place lice-free. I think we have pretty much accepted this fact. Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. I was pretty sure I wrote you a comment aobut how much i love this post. IT brought back memories of checking for lice in guate. I love this post and how it shows that you can see what really matters in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think we should buy some shampoo? Maybe we'll wait for one to venture out on a Sunday morning1

    ReplyDelete